Hi again, readers! Good morning!
Here I am, blogging again, and today I’ve got something very helpful and positive for you.
The other day I told you about the power of positive pressure. To recap a little bit I explained about how you by putting a positive pressure upon yourself can experience that there’s a lot of power in such a pressure and that you for instance can get a lot of things done by using it. Today I’ll tell you about how you can success-proof your day by using this power of positive pressure. Let’s dive right into it:
- Decide on one or more positive outcomes you want to achieve during a day or as a result of how you’ve lived your life one day. The outcomes you want to achieve during a day could be the completion of several neccessary things. One example is to decide you want to have done your 3 most important things to do that day before eating dinner. You could also decide that you will give yourself a reward for your accomplishments at the end of the day, or you could arrange with someone else, like your spouse or a close friend, that they will reward you in some kind of way, like with a gift or a special time together with them. An example of achieving a positive outcome as a result of how you’ve lived your life one day, is if you manage to follow a set structure for the day and be in bed by a decent time in the evening, because you know it will make you feel good when you’re in bed and that you’ll feel content and rested the next day.
- Decide on a positive plan for the day, a plan that can inspire and put pressure upon you to get the things you need done without making you feel that your plan is too strict or demanding for you. For some people this plan could tell them to do one main task that day and then make dinner and relax in the evening. For others the plan could be much more demanding, because they know they are capable of achieving more without feeling stressed, so they can for instance try to achieve 5 targets for the day, and for housewives and others staying at home during the day, these 5 targets could be a) put on two laundries during the day and hang them up later on, b) tidy and clean the living room, c) write an important email, d) cook dinner for your spouse and/or family, and e) wash up, tidy and clean in the kitchen so that the kitchen looks good for the next morning. No matter what, the plan you make should be giving you a little pressure and be inspiring, but it shouldn’t be making you feel that you can’t manage to follow the plan. Make a plan that seems positive to you.
- Be strict and stick to the plan. Try to always be strict with yourself and stick to the plan you have made for your day. Let it be your goal to follow your plan, and don’t let other people’s wishes or demands on you drag you into unneccessary delays.
- Let the positive plan challenge and inspire you to work hard and if at times neccessary quickly too. By focusing on your outcomes you will find it easier to do your work, your chores or whatever it is you have decided to accomplish. Even if some of the tasks may be uninteresting or not very exciting for you, you can make them fun or at least more endurable by focusing on the fact that they are leading you towards your goal.
- When you are noticing the power of the positive pressure upon you, enjoy it and let it put you into a good flow.
- When you have achieved your positive outcomes, enjoy your success and be thankful.
- Rejoice in your victory, and don’t be afraid of celebrating your success and passing on your newly learned knowledge to others!
That’s it. I hope you liked my little recipe for success-proofing your day with the power of positive pressure.
And by the way, sometimes we don’t always manage to stick hundred percent to our plans or get hindrances that makes it necessary or a good idea to make some changes to the plan, and then it’s a good idea to be flexible with your plan, and to not beat yourself up if you don’t get everything done exactly as planned. Sometimes we can still be successful even if we make some little changes to our plans as we go along. Focus most on the main parts of your positive plan or the most important target for your day, and even you have a little delay or setback now and then, don’t worry, and don’t give up, but just keep on going. If you are more successful the day you’re trying out your new plan than the day before, then you’ve made progress, and you’re moving forward, and that’s the main thing. As Flylady says “Progress, not perfection”. We don’t need perfection, but we need progress, and now I’ve showed you one way for you to achieve that.
Take care everyone, and have a very nice and positive day!